“WeTHRIVE! is a whole way of thinking. It’s a way of approaching a community issue in a very holistic way and saying ‘Oh, there’s lots of different ways to approach this. There are many positive things that can happen.’ And so WeTHRIVE! to me is really a framework, a process by which I now can approach solving problems in my community.”
–Diana Porter, College Hill WeTHRIVE! Co-Leader
Place Matters to Our Health
All residents should have the opportunity to make the choices that allow them to live a long, healthy life, regardless of their income, education or ethnic background. Health begins where we live, work, learn, and play (RWJF, 2010). The Social Health Pathway focuses on the factors in our communities—social, economic, and physical—that can stand in the way of achieving optimal health, wellness, and longevity.
Social Health Pathway Goal
To eliminate preventable disease, disability, injury, and premature death; achieve health equity, eliminate disparities, and improve health of all groups; create a social and physical environment that promotes good health for all; and promote healthy development and healthy behaviors across every stage of life.
Stories from the Social Health Pathway
- Special Olympics keeping athletes healthy with new initiatives
- Mt. Healthy City Schools | School Spotlight
- Lockland girls get their chance to dance with Princesses Ballet
- Lockland youth learn healthy cooking from Cincinnati Gives a Crock
- Forest Park firefighters teach safe sleep to prevent infant deaths