If you’ve visited the Reading Farmer’s Market, you probably know Farmer Steve, aka Steve Willis. He and his wife Barbara run Just Farmin’. They faithfully bring their farm fresh produce to Reading and he has become a champion of the Reading Farmer’s Market.
Just Farmin’ is located in Liberty Township. They go to many markets, but Steve says there’s something special about the Reading Farmer’s Market. “It’s the people,” he said. “We don’t make a whole lot of money down there. We break even at best, but we’re committed because of the people.”
“We have lots of regulars who keep coming back,” Steve added. “They like to visit. It’s a very relaxing atmosphere, a place where we feel at home.”
The feeling is mutual – everybody loves Farmer Steve! “He’s become more than a vendor,” said Cristie Iwasko, health educator with Hamilton County Public Health. “He’s become a champion for the market as he supports the Reading WeTHRIVE! team’s mission to bring fresh produce to their community.”
“There’s a lot of potential here and I’ve been working on trying to get more vendors to come for next year,” Steve said. “I’ll definitely help them out as much as I can. Everybody with WeTHRIVE!, they are trying so hard to make this work. You want to support that.”
For the latest news about the Reading Farmer’s Market, check out their Facebook page.
See all of our stories featuring the WeTHRIVE! community of Reading:
- Meet our 2020 community champions
- Reading Farmer’s Market has a friend in Farmer Steve
- Reading WeTHRIVE! team launches farmer’s market
- Donna Wiggins is Reading’s new WeTHRIVE! neighborhood navigator
- Sabrina Smith is Reading’s WeTHRIVE! neighborhood navigator
- Little Free Pantry helps feed the working poor in Reading
- Take Back Day nets 180 pounds of drugs for WeTHRIVE! communities