On December 6, Hamilton County Public Health (HCPH) held the annual WeTHRIVE!℠ Recognition Event to celebrate WeTHRIVE! communities and school districts for their commitment to fostering a culture of health, safety, and vitality throughout the county during 2022.
After two years of holding this event virtually, it was great to see WeTHRIVE! teams and partners back in person at the Forest Park Senior Center. Each community and school received a proclamation from the Hamilton County Board of Health for meeting the 2022 recognition requirements and in appreciation of the time and energy they have committed to WeTHRIVE!
“While each WeTHRIVE! school or community is unique, we did notice common themes in 2022,” says Mary Ellen Knaebel, director of health promotion and education with HCPH. These areas of focus included:
- Mental health: The pandemic highlighted the need to address mental health. Many WeTHRIVE! school districts and communities worked with our partners to meet the mental health needs of residents, students, staff, and families.
- Healthy food access: WeTHRIVE! communities and schools coordinated produce pop-ups and other community-based food distribution programs, maintained community gardens, and hosted cooking classes.
- Pickleball: WeTHRIVE! joined the pickleball rage, with several communities creating pickleball courts and providing opportunities for residents to learn how to play.
- Community clean up: WeTHRIVE! teams continued to provide opportunities for residents to connect and engage with each other through community clean-up events.
Congratulations to the following communities & school districts!
- Amberley Village – 8th year
- Anderson Township – 8th year
- Cheviot – 6th year
- Deer Park – 5th year
- Delhi Township – 4th year
- Elmwood Place – 2nd year
- Forest Park – 8th year
- Golf Manor – 3rd year
- Lincoln Heights – 8th year
- Lockland – 8th year
- Miami Township – 3rd year
- Montgomery – 8th year
- Mt. Healthy – 8th year
- North Bend – 8th year
- Reading – 6th year
- St. Bernard – 5th year
- Whitewater Township – 7th year
- Woodlawn – 8th year
WeTHRIVE! School Districts:
- Lockland City Schools – 6th year
- Mt. Healthy City Schools – 6th year
- North College Hill City Schools – 6th year
- Northwest Local Schools – 1st year
- Reading Community City Schools – 4th year
- St. Bernard/Elmwood Place City Schools – 3rd year
- Three Rivers Local Schools – 5th year
- Winton Woods City Schools – 5th year