Lincoln Heights accepts WeTHRIVE! recognition at event on December 1, 2016.
The Village of Lincoln Heights (pop. 3,286) is in the central part of Hamilton County, approximately 13 miles north of downtown Cincinnati.
How Lincoln Heights THRIVES!:
- A WeTHRIVE! Community: Lincoln Heights is one of three initial WeTHRIVE! communities that became engaged with Hamilton County Public Health in 2009 as part of the Strategic Alliance for Health grant. Lincoln Heights has made impressive strides in making it easier for people to eat healthy, be more active, and limit tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke. One example is Lincoln Heights' status as the first tobacco-free municipality in Hamilton County.
- A Committed Council: In May 2014, Village Council adopted the WeTHRIVE! Overall Resolution, further establishing the commitment to a healthy community. In December 2014, the WeTHRIVE! Community Health and Emergency Preparedness resolutions were adopted by Village Council. In June 2016, the Social Health resolution was adopted by Village Council.
- WeTHRIVE! Team Members: Linda Childs-Jeter, Carmen Daniels, Octavia Gray, Rebecca Hopkins, Ruby Kinsey-Mumphrey, Mary Ellen Kramer, LaVerne Mitchell, Jeannie Stinson, Geraldine Taylor, and Esther Toran.
- Selected Pathway(s): Social Health
- Community Health Assessment: Hamilton County Public Health compiled and shared findings from a Community Health Assessment at a community presentation on April 23, 2016. Results to a one question survey--"In your opinion, what are the most important issues that affect the health, safety, and well-being of your community?"--were also shared.
- Focus on Social Health: The Village of Lincoln Heights Council adopted the Social Health pathway resolution on June 27, 2016. The pathway focuses on economic stability, education, social & community context, health & health care, and neighborhood & built environment. The Social Health pathway assessment will be held on Saturday, September 17. For additional details regarding the assessment, contact Mary Ellen Kramer at (513) 946-7926.
Click here to see a highlights of additional accomplishments achieved so far!