Forest Park accepts WeTHRIVE! recognition at event on December 1, 2016.
Forest Park (pop. 18,720) is located in the north central part of Hamilton County, approximately 20 miles from downtown Cincinnati. How Forest Park THRIVES!:
- A Committed Community: In October 2014, the Forest Park City Council adopted the WeTHRIVE! Overall and Community Health Resolutions, solidifying a commitment to achieve a healthy community.
- WeTHRIVE! Team Members:
Patricia Bacchus, Jacqueline Boyd, Sheila J. Cottle, Carlos de Jesus, Corina Denny, Rebecca Eavers, Keva Elam, Jermaine L. Hill, Taffy Jackson, Alfie Jones, Larry Mestel, Rosalind Moore, Bettye Morgan, Sandy Sanders, Tye Smith, Michelle Sneed, Janet Steele, James Ward, and Katrina Wyche.
- Selected Pathway(s): Chronic Disease
- Community Health Assessment: Hamilton County Public Health compiled and shared findings from a Community Health Assessment at a community presentation on November 10, 2016. Results to a one question survey--"In your opinion, what are the most important issues that affect the health, safety, and well-being of your community?"--were also shared.
- Shoes Donation Helps Students: In the fall of 2016, the Forest Park WeTHRIVE! team hosted a dance to raise funds to support health and safety activities in the community. Funds were used purchase gym shoes for students at the Winton Woods Elementary and Intermediate Schools. The donation will ensure that all students will have the proper footwear to participate in gym class. (Shoes Donation Ensures Students at Winton Woods Ready for Gym Class, Cincinnati.com)
- Thriving Communities Grant: In January 2016, Forest Park received a Thriving Community grant from Interact for Health to support and enhance their WeTHRIVE! efforts. The grant is for a three-year period. Forest Park will receive $15,000 the first year; with a potential for up to $10,000 the second year, and up to $7,500 the third year. The team will focus on encouraging community members to be more active.
Check back for updates about Forest Park's WeTHRIVE! efforts!