Child Care Spotlight: Lawson Valley Day Care
Lawson Valley Day Care is a family owned and operated child care center in Woodlawn. They have been caring for children (infants to school-age) since 1988.
Princeton City School District, Lockland and Winton Woods, but children come from as far as West Chester and Lebanon.
WeTHRIVE! Contact: How Lawson Valley Day Care THRIVES!:
Ms. Lawson is the owner of Lawson Valley Day Care and Shayla Hall has worked there for nine years. Adale Hall, shown at right preparing lunch, is the center's director.
- WeTHRIVE! Child Care Tobacco Policy: Lawson Valley Day Care is the first child care center in Hamilton County to adopt a tobacco-free policy! The new policy prohibits use of all tobacco products by staff, parents and visitors on all property owned and operated by the center, including outdoor spaces, vehicles, and center-sponsored events off campus.
- WeTHRIVE! Childcare Resolution: Lawson Valley Day Care was the first childcare center in Hamilton County to adopt the WeTHRIVE! Child Care Resolution. By doing so, they made a commitment to provide the children at their center with healthy foods and opportunities to be physically active.
- Daily Physical Activity: The staff at Lawson Valley integrates physical activity into the children’s daily routine--in the classroom, on the playground, and as the children transition from one activity to the next. The center also implements the CATCH (Coordinated Approach to Child Health) Early Childhood curriculum.
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables: Lawson Valley serves fruits and vegetables with every meal. The WeTHRIVE! Woodlawn Community Garden donates fresh produce for the children to enjoy.
- Introducing healthy options: Every two weeks, children at the center are introduced to new healthy foods.
In Their Own Words:
Shayla Hall: “Working with WeTHRIVE! has been like spring to our child care center. It has provided us with new ideas and a different way of looking at things.”
Ms. Lawson: “Physical activity and learning are fun!”
Click here to find out more about the WeTHRIVE! Child Care Initiative. Join the WeTHRIVE! movement today.