Anderson Township accepts WeTHRIVE! recognition at event on December 1, 2016.
Anderson Township (pop. 43,446) is located in southeastern Hamilton County, approximately 12 miles from downtown Cincinnati.
How Anderson THRIVES!:
- A Committed Community: In June 2014, Anderson Township Trustees adopted the WeTHRIVE! Overall and Chronic Disease resolutions, solidifying a commitment to achieve a healthy community.
- WeTHRIVE! Team Members: Kim Brodbeck, Laura Burger, Thomas Caruso, Nancy Downs, Vicky Earhart, Dr. Stephen Feagins, Josh Gerth (Trustee), Ken Kushner, and Eric Miller.
- Selected Pathway(s): Chronic Disease
- Action Plan Activities: Community education, breastfeeding friendly spaces, community gardens, tobacco free spaces and promotion of tobacco cessation resources. View the Anderson Township WeTHRIVE! Action Plan 2015–2017 for additional details.
- Breastfeeding-Friendly Spaces—On May 19, 2016, Anderson Township Trustees adopted an Employee Nursing Policy to support a new mothers’ choice to breastfeed her child when returning to work. A designated lactation space will be created that is comfortable and easy to get to. The Anderson Township WeTHRIVE! Team will use this policy as a basis to allow community members and visitors a private place to nurse their children or to express milk as needed while at the Anderson Center.
Check back for updates about Anderson's WeTHRIVE! efforts!