The WeTHRIVE! initiative is about real people making a difference where they live, work, learn, worship, or play. Since the WeTHRIVE! initiative began in 2009, we've worked with many people in the community to make healthy living possible. But despite all of the progress we've made, there is still much to be done. We cannot stand by and let our children become the first generation in the history of our country to live shorter lives than their parents. That’s why we need YOU to become a WeTHRIVE! Ambassador!
What is the WeTHRIVE! Ambassador Program? What does an Ambassador do?
The Ambassador Program is a volunteer leadership program for community members (Ambassadors) who work locally to build healthy communities. “Community” is defined broadly and can be a school, place of worship, business or geographic location, such as a city or neighborhood.
As a WeTHRIVE! Ambassador, you will:
- Attend the WeTHRIVE! Overview Training (4 hours)
- Attend at least one (1) pathway- or topic-specific training per year.
- Complete a Pledge Card outlining your support for the WeTHRIVE! initiative. This will focus on one small change you think will make a difference.
- Connect with a community WeTHRIVE! Team, or help Hamilton County Public Health and the community form a team if one does not exist.
- Recruit like-minded people or organizations to join your community’s WeTHRIVE! movement.
What are the benefits of being a WeTHRIVE! Ambassador?
As a WeTHRIVE! Ambassador, you’ll be making a difference in your own community while being part of a larger movement to make healthy living easier for everyone in Hamilton County. This means that you are never working alone! WeTHRIVE! connects you to the people, resources and training needed to make your community a healthier place to live now and for all future generations.
I'm already involved with WeTHRIVE! Why should I join the Ambassador Program?
Many people have been active in the WeTHRIVE! movement. Now it’s time to sustain the movement for future generations…our children and our grandchildren! The Ambassador Program is key to moving WeTHRIVE! to the next level, and people like you are key to a thriving Ambassador Program.
For more information about the WeTHRIVE! Ambassador Program, contact WeTHRIVE! by phone or email.
Upcoming WeTHRIVE! Ambassador Overview Trainings:
- May 16 and 23, 2017: 6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.(2 hours per session) to be held at the Colerain Township Administration Building Training Room, 4200 Springdale Road, Cincinnati, OH 45241. To register, complete the registration form and return to Maryellen.Kramer@hamilton-co.org or (513) 946-7890.
Congratulations to our WeTHRIVE! Ambassador graduates!
February 2016 Graduates July 2016 Graduates | || |
March 2016 Graduates
January 2017 Graduates
- February 2016 Graduates: Michelle Christian, Sheila J. Cottle, Michele Gottschlich, and David Nichols
- March 2016 Graduates: Marcia Boyd, Bob Brown, Joyce Campbell, Carmen Daniels, Nancy Downs, Diana Mairose, Shirley Mesley, LaVerne Mitchell, Robert Schuemak, and Jabeen Taiba
- July 2016 Graduates: Mimi Anderson, Kathy Cushing, Jermaine Hill, Ruby Kinsey-Mumphrey, Karen Schamberger, and Geraldine Taylor
- January 2017 Graduates: Linda Childs-Jeter, Tonya Key, Dolores J. Lindsay, Mohandas Nelliot, Kyle Reiser, and Jeannie Stinson